Irish Thoroughbred Marketing promotes Ireland as the leading source for the
production and sale of quality thoroughbreds worldwide, and as a premier country in which to own, breed and buy thoroughbreds.
Established in 1991, Irish Thoroughbred Marketing (ITM) is a not-for-profit, non-trading, semi-state organisation, with the strength and integrity of Irish Government support, and the backing of the Irish Bloodstock industry, assuring absolute integrity and impartiality.
ITM is a subsidiary of Horse Racing Ireland (HRI), the organisation responsible for the administration of horse racing in Ireland.
ITM should be the first point of contact for any overseas person seeking information on any aspect of the Irish bloodstock industry, including
- Breeding – stallion farms and fees, boarding farms and pedigree research.
- Buying – sales company contacts, sales dates and catalogues, bloodstock agents and horse transport and insurance.
- Racing – ratings, point-to-pointing, Irish trainers, racecourses and fixtures.
- Owning - racehorse ownership in Ireland, running a horse in Ireland (for overseas trainers).
- Investing - Overseas investment in bloodstock property in Ireland.
- Learning – Equine education courses in Ireland.
- ITM assistance available to overseas visitors/buyers coming to Ireland – Inward Buyer Programme, additional support, itineraries and visa assistance.
- Ireland's overall standing in international bloodstock – worldwide successes, statistics, history etc.
- Racehorse Welfare.