About the Irish EBF Barrier Trials at Dundalk on Wednesday, July 29
ITM wishes to resume Barrier Trials at Dundalk Racecourse on Wednesday, July 29, for unraced 2yos and unraced 3yos at distances of 5f, 6f and 7f.
Entries will open on Wednesday July 15 and close at 5pm on Friday July 24.
It is important to note that the Barrier Trials will operate in accordance with the same Covid-19 measures in place on regular racedays at present.
Those attending will be required to register their Health Screening on the IHRB website for the corresponding NH fixture at Galway on July 29 and temperatures will be checked on arrival at the racecourse.
Failure to register beforehand will deny entry to the Barrier Trials at Dundalk.
Barrier Trials are mock races with horses beginning from starting stalls as they would in official races. There is no onus or incentive to achieve a best possible placing in a Barrier Trial. There is no prize-money.
ITM is staging Barrier Trials primarily to meet the significant overseas demand for quality unraced thoroughbreds and they are being generously sponsored for the first time by the Irish EBF.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Only unraced horses will be accepted for entry in Barrier Trials.
- The Barrier Trials will be open to unraced 2yos and 3yos only and staged over 5f, 6f and 7f.
- Each Barrier Trial will have no more than 8 runners.
- The horses entered must be returned in training with licensed Trainers.
- The horses entered shall be ridden by licensed Jockeys under catchweights, ie. without weight restrictions, as is the practice overseas.
- The horses entered must be named and have a valid starting stalls certificate.
- Vaccinations must be in order and in compliance with the Rules of Racing. Horses whose historic vaccinations were cleared by the IHRB before July 1 2020 must have new vaccinations uploaded to the Weatherbys Vaccinations E-Passport App. Horses whose vaccinations have not yet been digitally cleared by the IHRB must have them uploaded to the same App.
- Passports must still travel with each horse and be available for inspection by IHRB staff, otherwise they will not be allowed to take part.
- Trainers who enter a horse in a Barrier Trial do so in the knowledge that the IHRB may take a biological sample for analysis in accordance with the Rules of Racing. In the event of an adverse analytical finding, the Trainer acknowledges and confirms
that they are subject to the Rules of Racing and may be subject to disciplinary action in relation to any breach of these Rules.
- All Horses taking part must be at the stabling block at least one hour before their Barrier Trial.
- All Horses, Trainers and Riders acknowledge and confirm that in participating in the Barrier Trials they are subject to the Rules of Racing and that any breach of same during the Barrier Trials may result in disciplinary action for any licensee concerned.
- The first Barrier Trial will start at 2pm on Wednesday July 29 with the each batch being run approximately every 20 minutes.
- Trainers and Riders will have to ensure their horse is tacked up and ready to leave the Parade Ring to go to the start at the appropriate time.
- Participation in a Barrier Trial will cost €180, payable in advance from the owners’ accounts with HRI, with a further €70 payment for the Rider.
- Entries will not be permitted where the owner/breeder associated with the horse being entered has an outstanding Foal Levy debt.
- Entries open at 9am on Wednesday July 15 and close at 5pm on Friday July 24. Later entries will not be accepted. Entry fees will be forfeited if horses are subsequently scratched after entries close.
- If the Barrier Trials are oversubscribed, ITM may ask connections to save some horses for a subsequent date, pencilled in for Monday, August 24 at Dundalk.
- Jockeys should be declared no later than 24 hours before the Barrier Trials.
- Owners’ colours must be worn for the purposes of identification for the commentator and prospective buyers.
- The Barrier Trials will be recorded and placed online to market the horses participating to prospective buyers.
- To make an entry, click here or for further inquiries contact [email protected] or call 087 112 1625.